Trying to get the recommended 7 – 9 vegetable and fruit servings a day is not super hard, but sometimes you need to be creative with ways of cramming them all in.
Tonight, I decided to raid our fridge and make dinner with what I could find.
Thankfully, we had a bunch of beets and some sweet potatoes — so homemade, baked fries it was!
Beet & Sweet Potato Fries
1 Large Sweet Potato
3 Medium Beets
2 Large Eggs
Spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin to taste)
1. Wash and peel potatoes and beets.
2. Cut them into french fry shapes — 1/4 inch thick.
3. Crack eggs in medium bowl and whisk. Add spices into the mixture
4. Add cut veggies into the mix and coat.
5. Place on baking sheets (covered in wax paper) and place in 350 degree oven.
6. Bake for 36 minutes, flipping fries every 12 minutes.