The Weekend of Everything, and Nothing.

This weekend was great. Lauren and I spent a lot of time together, just the two of us (and the dogs) and really enjoyed the lovely weather.

We walked — A LOT. Saturday, like I mentioned in the last post, was our marathon walking day all around downtown.Β  But Sunday, was when the walking got really exciting… at least for a little while.

We went to Ladew Topiary Gardens with Lauren’s mom and had a great time. Walked around and chatted and had a great time outside. Afterwards, we went to a local deli/creamery and had some snacks.

As we’re sitting there, suddenly… a trickle of some sort… nothing too big, but something definitely noticeable. I calmly alerted Lauren and soon we left to call the midwives and drive 45 minutes home incase something else happened. The midwife said to just monitor and see if anything else happened and to call her on Monday morning. She said it could have been amniotic fluid, but might have just been some discharge or something.

So we went home, I took a nap and Lauren got some stuff together in the house. She baked some bread for the nursing staff to go in their thank you basket we are preparing, incase we were heading to L&D anytime soon. She also finished cleaning and packing up some stuff. When I got up, we started timing, and there they were! CONTRACTIONS. 10 minutes apart for about 3 hours. They were small ones. Nothing out of the water or too harsh, so I thought we were just at the beginning of what could be it…

So after rotating on the yoga ball for 3 hours, we went to bed. Figured, I might as well sleep if I can if this is labor. And I went right to sleep. At 2 a.m. on the dot though, I was awoken by the strongest, harshest contractions ever. I said to myself “this is why women get epidurals,” knowing that I don’t want that. I had 2 back to back and afterwards I decided to take a shower to ease the intensity. And then… back to bed, with no more contractions all night… 😦

The midwife did see us briefly on Monday to test the fluid and see what it was. No signs of amniotic fluid and no more contractions since. Perhaps all the walking got some things moving, but their not ready yet. I just picture Lillian in there pushing a huge switchboard of buttons to see what does what. Sunday she found the “water” button and the “contraction” button, but she hasn’t gotten the hang of when and how to use them yet. I hope she will figure it out soon πŸ™‚

Today starts the last week of work for me until maternity leave. 4 days to go and counting. And we are officially 8 days away from our due date. Let’s see if we have a special visitor before the work week is over. Cross your fingers!


3 thoughts on “The Weekend of Everything, and Nothing.

  1. Wow, that was certainly a nice warm-up. πŸ™‚ Especially at 2am, hehe.
    Good luck this week. I think Miss Lillian will be making her appearance before the week is out!

  2. Justwanted to stop by and wish you good luck this week! We have been following your blog for the past month and a half and can’t wait for Lillian to make her grand appearance! Take care, Wren

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s