Well, things have been busy around here — what with me returning to work 2 days a week from home and all of our fun mommy and baby activities lately — so I have been a bit lax with my posting. My deepest apologies to all. But there have been some exciting developments for Lillian. Here’s a quick recap:
– Last week, while at our breastfeeding / mommy support group, Lillian rolled over (tummy to back) for the first time! It was amazing to watch. I got a little teary. Since then, everytime we try tummy time, she just wants to roll over. At least she likes it!
– Lillian has been an eating machine lately. Last week, she gained 7 ounces in 7 days and this week she gained 9 ounces in 7 days. She is making up for lost time, I think. 🙂
– Yesterday, my mom’s family had a mini-Thanksgiving / meet Lillian party. It was great to see everyone and Lillian was great. She even napped — in her carrier.
– We have graduated!! From the couch, at least. Lauren and I are finally sleeping in the same bed again, rather than rotating time on the couch with Lillian. She is now able to be apart from us a little bit while sleeping, which makes us all very happy.
– Speaking of sleeping, Lillian is also doing great (KNOCK ON WOOD) with that. She has been doing 3.5 – 5 hour stretches at night, which makes me happy and feel great. Granted, the sleep is in her bouncy chair, but we aren’t worried. I’ve never heard of a kid going off to college with a giant bouncy chair, have you?
– Lillian is one loooooooong legged baby. She has outgrown newborn clothes for the pure reason that her legs cannot extend in them. She fits great in 3 month stuff in the length, but looks so skinny all over. I would rather be able to stretch out my legs, I guess, so it’s worth her looking a little silly.
That’s about it for big developments. This week, we are going to get pictures taken. It’s a kind of announcement / holiday card thing. We will post it when they are done. 🙂